To complete the Financial Powers of Attorney document(s), go to the dashboard and click "Get Started" under "Financial Powers of Attorney Packages."
1. Financial power of attorney documents are prepared for each individual. In the case of a married couple, a separate tab will display for each spouse. Click on the tab for one spouse and complete the questionnaire all the way through to the end. The following information will be requested:
- Contact information
- Legal residence
Then indicate the person you want to act as your financial agent. In the case of a married couple, the spouse's name will be in the dropdown; they can select the spouse or add a new person.
2. You will then have the option of adding up to 3 backups to act as the agent. It is recommended that you add at least one backup.
3. Review and select the powers granted that you would like your agent to have. The powers are automatically granted to the agent unless specified otherwise. They are intentionally made as broad as possible so that your agent can act without restriction if needed. You can choose to uncheck any of the specific powers should you desire to exclude the authorization of that particular power.
4. Determine if the power of attorney should remain effective if you become incapacitated. (typically yes)
5. Indicate the state in which the documents will be signed.
6. Review the responses. Click on any field to correct information, then click back to the summary.
7. Click next to prepare the documents.
8. Click in the checkbox to approve, then click "Next."
10. Click on the other spouse's name to complete their Powers of Attorney.
11. Complete the Powers of Attorney for the second spouse, then click "Close."